Monday, August 3, 2009

Dutch Wonderland

After repeatedly checking the weather for Lancaster, PA and seeing only blue skies and sunshine forecasted, we packed up the van, met our friends, and headed up to Dutch Wonderland for the day on Saturday. We started in the water park area, which I have no pictures of because the camera was in a locker, and the kids and grown-ups had a GREAT time. I thought it would be a cold day in you-kn0w-where when I walked around an amusement park in a bathing suit again, but, what can I say, the fun outweighed my modesty. The girls (and Chris and I) particularly liked a big twisty tube water slide that you slide through in inflatable rafts (especially the one that was really dark so you couldn't see the twists and turns).

Later, we re-dressed and headed over to the other side of the park to the rides. It was so nice that Casey and Emma had Isabel (age 7) and Nick (age 4) to ride with, as they always had a buddy to go with, no matter what the ride was. Despite the weather forecast (thanks, weather.com), we suffered through 1-2 hours of terrential downpour and all got SOAKED! No thunder and lightning, so the rides stayed open. Casey and Isabel kept getting on the antique cars because there was no line and they just got wetter and wetter. The rest of us chickens hovered wetly under a nearby awning. Even Jacob rode a few rides...he really enjoyed the merry-go-round.

The kids are already looking forward to a return trip! Thanks to our friends for suggesting such a fun adventure!




Do you Facebook? If so, "friend" me, as I'll post more pictures there (they're so much easier to upload)!

No comments:

Post a Comment