Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mom's Tea



There are so many things I love about the Christian Preschool. Today, I got to participate in one of my favorite things, Mom's Tea, hosted by Mrs. Hawkins and the six children, including Emma, that make up her 3s preschool class this year.


The kids, 3 boys and 3 girls, were beaming with pride as the moms walked into the classroom. They each had a special mat on the circle time rug laid out for us to sit on with them.


Mrs. H assumed her spot in the rocking chair and welcomed us all by leading the kids in some of the cutest little songs dedicated to us moms. We had a little flower ceremony where she called each child up to pick a pink carnation out of the basket to present to his/her mom.


Before we came, she questioned each child about what special thing they love to do with their mom and she read the answers to us all. Emma apparently loves to eat ice cream and donuts with me- a girl after my own heart. The moms responded in kind and I said that I like sharing bedtime stories with Emma.


Next, she read small "surveys" she'd given the kids where they were asked to fill in the blanks with info about their moms (see above). They were so cute. I always laugh at the ones that say "My mom's job is..." and the kids fill in "...to clean". I still have Casey's survery that purports that that's my job. This year, Emma said that my job is to help people and I like that a lot. Of course, she also said that my favorite food is mac & cheese (yuck!), my favorite song is the ABC song, and that I look pretty in my pink dress (which I don't own). I love that she enjoys playing Barbies with me and that I am special to her.


If my kids only knew just how special they are to me!


Mrs. H and the kids had decorated the tables in some of my favorite colors- pink, orange, and white. We shared cookies and, in the case of Emma and I, chocolate milk. Hugs and kisses were everywhere.



In preparation for our special day, Emma asked me to curl her hair last night. That's no small feat given the length and thickness of her locks. It takes two packs of pink rollers. But, the end result, is BEAUTIFUL!




1 comment:

  1. Sniff, sniff - I just love those mommy moments too! Your kids are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete