At 2:19 pm on March 1st, we joyfully welcomed Lily Anna into our lives. Weighing 8 lbs and 10 oz, she was the biggest Jillson baby... but still seemed so tiny and precious to us! Of course, she is so perfect that I still can't believe she's ours. And, being a bit of a veteran mom, I know she'll grow so quickly. I find myself just staring at her and trying to drink in and memorize every little detail of how she looks and moves and just is.
Her two big, proud sisters just adore her. You'd never know that Casey was hoping for a baby brother by the way she dotes on her littlest sis. After snuggling and loving on Lily one day, Emma told me, in her sweetest voice, "Mommy, I love her so much. Thank you for having her for us." And, even Jacob, seems to be smitten. He talks to her in his sweetest voice, pets her head, and has offered her some of his prized Toy Story toys to play with.
Chris and I are functioning a bit like zombies with our lack of sleep (Jacob still gets up in the 5:00 hour most days and Lily, well, that goes without saying) but, at least for now, we're not minding...just enjoying the four little blessings that we have around us.
Here are some pictures from the first few days. I promise I'll try to do better to update the blog with pictures (as you can see, I've been very lax, having last posted on Emma's birthday). Hope you'll check in to see if I'm living up to this promise (if not, don't be mad!) and see the many adventures we have in our beautiful lives!
It's been 8 days and I already can't imagine our lives without her!
Such a special moment when she was just born and the placed her on my belly so I could see her!

Proud Daddy! He couldn't have been more happy!


Holding her for the first time...


Adoring big sister held Lily for her first time...




Grammy and Emma...

Papa...
Poppy...

The Jillson girls!

Best friend, Kristen...also a wonderful labor coach- thank you! (I know I wasn't the most cooperative patient once the epidural ceased to work!)




Going home... (sorry, couldn't get this picture to rotate!)


And, while we all enjoyed holding, snuggling, and loving little Lily in those first couple of days, I know that my mom was smiling down on all of us!


Holding her for the first time...


Adoring big sister held Lily for her first time...




Grammy and Emma...

Papa...
Poppy...
The Jillson girls!

Best friend, Kristen...also a wonderful labor coach- thank you! (I know I wasn't the most cooperative patient once the epidural ceased to work!)




Going home... (sorry, couldn't get this picture to rotate!)


And, while we all enjoyed holding, snuggling, and loving little Lily in those first couple of days, I know that my mom was smiling down on all of us!
What a miracle each time a child is born. She is so beautiful. I know without a doubt your mom is watching over and loving you all. Wishing you all years and years of happiness!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful :) You all are just beautiful!
ReplyDelete