Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crazy Kids!

I was lucky enough to be a chaperone for Casey's class field trip to Piney Run Nature Center last week. We hiked some trails while doing a scavenger hunt, had a fun picnic outside, played on the playground, and learned about all kinds of fun things from the naturalist. I had a great group to chaperone, the "Jillson girls" as they called themselves- Isabel, Najee, Delilah, Emily, and, of course, Casey.

Here is Casey posing while balancing 11 hats on her head! You'll be happy to know she can also walk backwards and in a circle without losing one!

Chris and I went to see Cirque du Soleil's production of Kooza when it was in town (which we highly recommend!) and brought home crazy Kooza glasses for the girls...
This picture doesn't do Jacob's bedhead justic. He's got a mane of curls on the sides and back of his head (not sure why the top front is stick straight). As it's growing out, the curls get wilder and wilder and he wakes up with a giant blond Afro. It's a great laugh when he beats me awake (most days) and I drag myself out of bed and go in to get him. The picture would have only been better had I captured the giant snot bubble that he wiped on my pants just before the shot was taken (then this blog would be totally devoid of any class, I know).
And, lastly, our Little Man loves opening, closing, emptying, and playing in (you noticed, I didn't say putting stuff back in) the kitchen cupboards. (Some days, we're not really sure why we have toys.) Most have child locks on them, but we've left some for him to explore. Of course, he has figured out how to open most of the child locks. The other day I was throwing some clothes in the wash while he was busy playing, very intently, in the family room. Next thing I know, he's sitting in front of one of the "locked" cupboards, opened, with a lap and mouth full of pretzels (choking hazard) and the blade from my smoothie blender in his lap. Lesson learned...no dangerous things in the low cupboards...even when they're locked! (Thankfully he didn't choke on a pretzel or slice off any limbs.) Guess the "Mom of the Year" committe won't be knocking on my door this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment