Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Cards

I LOVE Christmas cards! I don't care if they're not eco-friendly. And, I love them for more than the fact that I love getting any mail that's not a bill or general junk mail.
I love finding a picture of the kids to experiment with on all the different Christmas card backgrounds online (OK, sometimes, I hate this when I can't find a picture that works). I really liked our card this year.

I love getting a yearly greeting from college friends that I've otherwise lost touch with and hearing from my mom's friend from work (who still misses her like I do) and getting hellos from family that lives far away and friends who live close. I especially love getting the picture cards to see how everyone's children/families/dogs have grown over the year.

We hang the folding-style cards on our laundry room door and they become part of our Christmas decorations. The picture cards get displayed on the same kitchen cabinets every year. Everyone who comes over takes a peek at them.



Now that the holidays are over, I'll tuck away the picture cards to look at in years to come and remember how little all the kids were. I'll take the other cards to The ARC in Carroll County. The people with developmental delays who attend The ARC recycle old cards by cutting them up and making new Christmas cards and Christmas tags to be sold in area businesses next year. They do beautiful work. And, it makes me feel good because I know my cards will be getting a new life (instead of just tossed in the recycle bin)!

No comments:

Post a Comment