Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our Celebrity


This fall, I organized a donation drive for Casey's elementary school PTA. We dubbed it Willie's (short for William Winchester Elementary) Kids Helping Kids. Families from the school donated receiving blankets and newborn t-shirts and onesies for the hospital's Family Birthplace Center and toys, games, puzzles, books, and crafts for the kids admitted to the pediatric unit. Casey was my big helper as far as counting and sorting the donations. And, her BFF, Isabel, helped the two of us deliver the boxes of goodies to the hospital.

Casey was tickled pink because they took the girls' picture (I opted out) for the local paper and it was finally printed this week. She was so excited! For some reason, she'd recently been dreaming of being in the paper and, I guess, she wished on the right star. One of her reasons for wanting to be in the paper was so her name would come up when she "googled" it. Unfortunately, although the paper is also online, we googled her name and got no hits. Oh well. Next, she'd like to be on TV. Not sure how to make that happen just yet, but the girl dreams big!

1 comment:

  1. I googled "Casey Jillson" and she comes up on page 1 with a link to this story! I emailed you a print screen. Have her try again.

    ReplyDelete