
Casey has been looking forward to Mother's Day for at least two weeks. She gets so excited to give me her hand-made cards, pictures, and gifts that she's been secretly hiding in her closet. They are better than any gift money could buy (sorry, Chris, you're flowers are beautiful nonetheless). But, little does she know that she, and Emma and Jacob, give me wonderful gifts every day- gifts that are only possible because I'm their mom.
Thanks to my kids for...
...showing me the beauty in dandilions (they're only weeds if you don't want them),
...sharing with me your wonder with rocks and sticks and clouds and worms and ants (but not the ones that have taken up residence in our foyer),
...letting me feel like your hero when I fix a boo-boo with a Hello Kitty band-aid and a kiss,
...wanting me to snuggle in bed with you at night, "pretty please",
...butterfly and Eskimo kisses (also forehead kisses, cheek kisses, chin kisses, and elbow kisses- Emma),
...giving me a second chance in life to enjoy the smell of new Play-Doh, Barbies, blowing bubbles, and swinging,
...showing me that rain and snow are not messy hassles but fun puddle and snowman makers,
...giving me a front row seat to all of your firsts- first steps, first words, first day of school, first time riding a two-wheeler, first roller coaster ride,
...singing silly songs with me in the van (I'm Bringin' Home a Baby Bumble Bee, Lollipop, Lollipop),
...reading with me- letting me read to you and now, with Casey, reading to me (gotta love Junie B. Jones and Cam Jansen!),
...giggling and acting silly, when it's both appropriate and not,
...making me feel so special with your happiness to see me when you get off the bus, when I pick you up from school, when I come home from the store, or, with Jacob, when I come in to rescue you from your crib in the morning,
...your unconditional love, even on bad hair days or days when I'm feeling fat or sad or cranky.
I'm so happy to be your Mom!
Happy Mother's Day to all the great Moms I know.
Miss you, Mom.
This is just beautiful Kim!!
ReplyDelete