Sunday, November 29, 2009

Family Portraits

Just before Thanksgiving, we headed to Sears for a family portrait. We try to get one each year to document how our family has grown. While I'd love to have a custom session with a professional photographer, our budget is more Picture People -which I love for their creativity and plain backgrounds that let the kids be the focus of the picture. Anyway, Picture People is almost an hour away and the Rainforest Cafe, where we'd dine while waiting for our pictures, is no longer at that location (sadly). Because Jacob is most uncooperative with any picture taking and can't sit still for more than 5 seconds or look directly at a camera, we decided to head on over to our local Sears, 5 minutes up the road. He cooperated for a photo of the 5 of us, but that was pretty much it. At one point, I gave him a lollipop to calm him down and, before we knew it, he and most of the portrait studio were sticky all over! Oh well, better luck next year!

3 comments:

  1. I think the pics are fantastic! You really are such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos! And I'm jealous - how do you get Chris to smile??? My hubby is more like Jacob when it comes to photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the ones where they're lying on the blue snowflake paper!

    ReplyDelete