Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Masterpieces

My girls love art. They are always making art of some kind- even Jacob got into the groove when he scribbled all over the wall the other day with a stray pencil. Whether it be at home, school, Brownies, or a friend's house. Many times, the art shows some of that child's personality or interests. It's so great to see how their artistic abilities change as they grow older and to compare what Emma creates now with the things Casey created at the same age. I wish I could keep every last masterpiece. But, as many moms know, the artwork accumulates quickly and some must take a trip to the recycle center. When I get the time, I try to scan some of their art so that they might look back on it one day to see their young creations (although I do have some of my favorites stored away in the basement).


Emma


An autumn tree made with thumbprints...
A pumpkin made with marbles and paint...
One of my recent favorites- her self-portrait! I love the way kids draw themselves (and other people) at this age...




Casey

An autumn tree made from hand and finger prints...

A kid classic...handprint turkeys...
This is one of my most favorite pictures by Casey. Casey loves to draw with the oil pastels my dad picked up for her. Her pictures are so bright and cheerful and are hanging in our playroom and her bedroom. This was is so reflective of her overall sunshiney and happy personality- she always tries to see the good in everything, yet her feelings are as sensitive as a rainbow is fleeting. The girls saw their first rainbow this summer (and it was a HUGE one) and it was, I think, her inspiration for this drawing...

No comments:

Post a Comment