Monday, November 2, 2009

Pre-Halloween Fun

On the Sunday before Halloween, we loaded our costumed kids up in the van and made the trek to beautiful Lancaster, PA to Happy Hauntings at Dutch Wonderland. This was a present to Emma for her birthday (instead of having a kids birthday party). What a good choice! The weather was mild and beautiful. The park was decorated for Halloween and the names of the rides were changed to reflect the season/holiday. The summer waterpark was dry, but, at night, we walked through a winding path and the kids were able to trick-or-treat at various spooky stops (with good chocolates given out too!). I wish I'd taken more pictures, especially at night with the lights, etc, but our hands were full and we were busy having fun!

Riding on the Haunted Rail Express...
...and the Scary-Go-Round...
...and the only time I won the battle of the cute dog costume with Jacob (although I lost the battle of the hood with the very cute floppy dog ears).

No comments:

Post a Comment